Monday, April 27, 2009

Adventures in Marketing


I am SO excited - we've finally decided to put an ad on myballard.com, the fabulous blog of all things Ballard, which I've been enjoying following since I moved here last summer. I'm going to be making a coupon for my fellow Ballard-ites to clip out with a deal that is even better than the Sunshine Special that I'm currently running (see the flyer above.) That's how much I love the Ballard.

Damien Jones, my fantastic partner in many ventures and recently titled "VP of Marketing," has been working tirelessly on different ideas for promoting my massage practice. My old ways of yellow pages and sandwich-board sign on the sidewalk just don't fit here, even in the relative small-townish-ness of Ballard. While he has tried out ads on Facebook and helped reorganize and "Google-juice" my website, I have been talking to other massage therapists and small business owners.

The most helpful of these has been Laura of Laura Bee Designs, who generously met with me over coffee to discuss our respective businesses. She had many good suggestions, my favorite of which was to
start a blog - hence the creation of onehappyduck. It also quickly became apparent that her success has come out of a genuine warmth and enthusiasm as well as a good eye for design. I was inspired to trust that the quality of the service I'm providing, given the encouragement of some good promotion, will eventually build back up to a practice that is thriving at least as well as my old one in Bellingham.

Which is to say, "thank you" - to all the people who have given good suggestions and encouragements, come in for massages and written reviews. I am so grateful to be doing this work and to have so much support in making it happen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out Sara! I enjoyed talking shop with you.

    Also:

    Dear Massage Therapist,

    Do you have any tips for relieving necks that are stiff from from hours sitting in front of a computer screen. (Tips that, of course, would only be stop gap measures between Waxing Moon Massage appointments?)

    Signed,
    Sore Entrepreneur

    ReplyDelete